Physical Starlight and Atmosphere (PSA) is a Blender addon for advanced environmental lighting that provides high quality atmospherics and lighting, and visual consistency between every object in your scene. It can be installed as any other Blender addon.
- Download the "physical-starlight-atmosphere-[version here].zip" file.
- Open Blender.
- Go to Edit/Preferences.
- Choose "Add-ons" tab and press "Install..." button.
- Locate the .zip file and press "Install Add-on".
- You will see the newly installed add-on, enable it by checking the checkbox.
- Wait till it registers. Voila!
- Locate Physical Starlight and Atmosphere panel in Sidebar (also called N Panel). Click on the tab Atmosphere to reveal it.
- Enable addon by ticking the uppermost checkbox.
To see the sky, you have to be in "Rendered" Viewport Shading mode (click on the 4th sphere in the list up in the right corner of 3D viewport)
What happens when addon is being enabled/disabled?
- A couple of shader nodes are imported and dynamically added and connected to the currently active world. When you uncheck the Physical Atmosphere checkbox, these nodes will be removed.
- Sun lamp
Sarlight Sunis added. The Sun lamp is used as the main light source to cast shadows from the Sun. When you uncheck the Physical Atmosphere checkbox, if no active PSA instances are found in other worlds it will be removed.
Something didn't work as expected? Check out Frequently Asked Questions.